1. WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP TO UIPE?
Any one in the engineering profession
2. WHERE CAN I OBTAIN APPLICATION FORMS?
These can be downloaded from our website www.uipe.co.ug
3. WHAT BENEFITS DO I GET FROM MEMBERSHIP OF UIPE?
The benefits of membership include:
i) Receipt of Publications – Journals and Newsletter.
ii) Professional Membership, which is a legal requirement for registration (i.e. allows you to practice engineering legally).
iii) Continuing Professional Development Activities e.g. Seminars/Workshops
iv) International Conferences, Workshops and Seminars.
4. WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS OF UIPE?
The Members' obligations include payment of Annual Subscription dues and professional conduct as shown in the Code of Ethics
5. WHERE IS THE SECRETARIAT OF UIPE LOCATED?
Our Secretariat is located at Plot 2, Gloucester Avenue, Kyambogo within the compound of Public Works Training Centre. It is housed in the Management Support Unit Building.
7. HOW MANY DIVISIONS DOES UIPE?
The Institution has three Divisions namely Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. We do also recognize other disciplines like
1. Telecommunication Engineering
2. Environmental Engineering
3. Automotive & Power Engineering
4. Industrial. & Management Engineering
8. HOW MANY BRANCHES DOES UIPE HAVE?
The Institution has six Branches namely
1. Kampala Branch
2. Jinja Branch
3. Lira Branch 4. Soroti Branch 5. West Nile (Arua) Branch 6. Mbarara Branch
9. HOW DO I PAY FOR SUBSCRIPTION?
Account number 9030005841819 Stanbic bank Metro branch. You can also pay using Mobile Money through the following ways
Payment through MTN Mobile money
Dial *165#and follow the prompts as follows
· Goods and services
· Enter Merchant code (Code is UIPE in capital letters)
· Enter payment reference ( name and details of payment, in this case dinner)
· Enter amount
· Enter your pin
Payment through Airtel Mobile Money
Dial*185#and follow the prompts as
· Select option 4 (Pay Bill)
· Select option 9 (others)
· Enter Business number (550500)
· Enter Amount
· Enter reference (name and details of payment)
· Enter your pin
10. HOW MANY CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP DOES UIPE HAVE?
The institution has 7 classes
- Corporate Membership
- Graduate Membership
- Fellow Membership
- Technician Membership (Ordinary Diploma)
- Technologist Membership (Higher Diploma)
- Student Membership
- Honorary Membership