1. WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP TO UIPE?
Any one in the engineering profession
2. WHERE CAN I OBTAIN APPLICATION FORMS?
These can be downloaded from our website www.uipe.co.ug
3. WHAT BENEFITS DO I GET FROM MEMBERSHIP OF UIPE?
The benefits of membership include:
i) Receipt of Publications – Journals and Newsletter.
ii) Professional Membership, which is a legal requirement for registration (i.e. allows you to practice engineering legally).
iii) Continuing Professional Development Activities e.g. Seminars/Workshops
iv) International Conferences, Workshops and Seminars.
4. WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS OF UIPE?
The Members' obligations include payment of Annual Subscription dues and professional conduct as shown in the Code of Ethics
5. WHERE IS THE SECRETARIAT OF UIPE LOCATED?
Our Secretariat is located at Plot 2, Gloucester Avenue, Kyambogo within the compound of Public Works Training Centre. It is housed in the Management Support Unit Building.
7. HOW MANY DIVISIONS DOES UIPE?
The Institution has three Divisions namely Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. We do also recognize other disciplines like
1. Telecommunication Engineering
2. Environmental Engineering
3. Automotive & Power Engineering
4. Industrial. & Management Engineering
8. HOW MANY BRANCHES DOES UIPE HAVE?
The Institution has three Branches namely
1. Kampala Branch
2. Jinja Branch
3. Lira Branch