Joining UIPE as a Fellow
JOINING UIPE AS A FELLOW
The following requirements apply for the applicant: -
1. Must be a Registered Engineer
2. At least 10 years of active practiceafter registration with ERB
3. Must be a Corporate Member in goodstanding
4. Must have served the Institution/ERBas a Council Member, Board Member, Committee Member, Branch Executive,Assessor, CPD Facilitator or Paper presenter (attach evidence)
5. Served in a prominent position eitherin government or private sector (attach evidence)
6. Clean public record i.e notinterdicted, not a subject of an ongoing investigation, has not had conflictwith the institution.
7. Through his/her post registrationexperience must have had an innovation that improved livelihood of society
8. Successful Mentorship of GraduateEngineers to Professional maturity
9. Youwill submit a full application consisting of the following: Application formand Career Report.
Documentsto Accompany Completed Application Form
- Copies of all academic papers
- Copies of all local and foreign registration certificates
- Copies of local and foreign practising licenses
- A Copy of your curriculum vitae
After submission of documents to UIPE Secretariat,the application process proceeds as follows:-
- The MET Committee reviews the application and recommends the successful applicant to the Council
- The Council confirms the election.
3.The name of the newly elected member is circulatedto the entire membership for comments, for a period of 30 days. If UIPEreceives no objection, the applicant then receives his letter of election atthe expiry of 30 days.
After election, the applicant is expected to payfor the following before he is recognized as a member of UIPE:
Amount in UG Shs
Annual Subscription fees
a. Please make cheques payable to:‘UGANDA INSTITUTION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS’
Direct cash deposit: Stanbic Bank Metro Branch Account No. 9030005841819 Account Name Uganda Institution of Professional Engineer, then scan the Bank Deposit Slip and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org , or hand deliver.
b. Payment byMobile Money to: *165#
3. Goods &Services
4. EnterMerchant Code (Code is UIPE)
5. EnterPayment reference, include your Name, Reg. No., Details of Payment)
6. Enter Amount
7. Enter yourpin
c. Please pick your receipt from the Secretariat whenever you make apayment.
For more details, please contact:
Management Support Unit Building,
Public Works Training Centre,Plot 2 GloucesterAvenue, Kyambogo
P.O. BOX 1308, KAMPALA, UGANDA
Tel: +256414 287292
or email@example.com Website: www.uipe.co.ug
Click to download file