Joining UIPE as a Fellow
JOINING UIPE AS A FELLOW
The following requirements apply for the applicant: -
1. Must be a Registered Engineer
2. At least 10 years of active practice after registration with ERB
3. Must be a Corporate Member in good standing
4. Must have served the Institution/ERB as a Council Member, Board Member, Committee
Member, Branch Executive, Assessor, CPD Facilitator or Paper presenter (attach evidence)
5. Served in a prominent position either in government or private sector (attach evidence)
6. Clean public record i.e not interdicted, not a subject of an ongoing investigation, has not had conflict with the institution.
7. Through his/her post registration experience must have had an innovation that improved livelihood of society
8. Successful Mentorship of Graduate Engineers to Professional maturity
9. You will submit a full application consisting of the following: Application form and Career Report.
Documents to Accompany Completed Application Form
- Copies of all academic papers
- Copies of all local and foreign registration certificates
- Copies of local and foreign practising licenses
- A Copy of your curriculum vitae
At the time of submission the applicant should present evidence of payment of shillings Four Hundred and Thirty thousand (430,000/=) being payment for Assessment, Election, copy of Corporate plan and Shirt/Lapel pin.
After submission of documents to UIPE Secretariat, the application process proceeds as follows:-
- The MET Committee reviews the application and recommends the successful applicant to the Council
- The Council confirms the election.
3. The name of the newly elected member is circulated to the entire membership for comments, for a period of 30 days. If UIPE receives no objection, the applicant then receives his letter of election at the expiry of 30 days.
After election, the applicant is expected to pay for the following before he is recognized as a member of UIPE:
Amount in UG Shs
Annual Subscription fees
a. Please make cheques payable to:‘UGANDA INSTITUTION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS’
Direct cash deposit: Stanbic Bank Metro Branch Account No. 9030005841819 Account Name Uganda Institution of Professional Engineer, then scan the Bank Deposit Slip and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org , or hand deliver.
b. Payment by Mobile Money to: *165#
3. Goods& Services
4. Enter Merchant Code (Code is UIPE)
5. Enter Payment reference, include your Name, Reg. No., Details of Payment)
6. Enter Amount
7. Enter your pin
c. Please pick your receipt from the Secretariat whenever you make a payment.
For more details, please contact:
Management Support Unit Building,
Public Works Training Centre,Plot 2 Gloucester Avenue, Kyambogo
P.O.BOX 1308, KAMPALA, UGANDA
Tel: +256 414 287292
email@example.com Website: www.uipe.co.ug
Click to download file