JOINING UIPE AS A TECHNOLOGIST MEMBER
The necessary requirements are as follows:
- Higher Diploma in Engineering or a Bachelors Degree in Construction Management
- Must be employed.
- Complete an application form which can be downloaded from the website.
- Applicants needs one proposer and one seconder to sign his/her form.
- All the Proposers and Seconders must be fully paid-up Corporate Members of the Institution who are neither Council nor MET Committee members.
- Submit the completed application form in hard copy at the UIPE Secretariat But also carry with your original Higher Diploma Certificate at the time you submit your application.
Documents to Attach to Completed Application Form
- Photo-copies of all academic papers i.e. copy of Higher Diploma or Degree Certificate, Transcript, A & O Level Certificates
- Photocopy of your appointment letter
- Photocopies of certificates received from any engineering training, workshops or conferences
- Photocopy of registration certificate if already registered in a foreign country
At the time of submission the applicant should present evidence of payment of shillings Two hundred and thirty thousand (230,000/=) being payment for Election, copy of Corporate plan and Shirt/Lapel pin.
After submission of documents to UIPE Secretariat, the application process proceeds as follows:-
- The MET Committee reviews the application and recommends the successful applicant to the Council
- The Council confirms the election.
3.The name of the newly elected member is circulated to the entire membership for comments, for a period of 30 days. If UIPE receives no objection, the applicant then receives his letter of election at the expiryof30 days.
After election, the applicant is expected to pay for the following before he is recognized as a member of UIPE:
Amount in UG Shs
Annual Subscription fees
a. Please make cheques payable to: ‘UGANDA INSTITUTION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS’
Direct cash deposit: Stanbic Bank Metro Branch Account No. 9030005841819 Account Name Uganda Institution of Professional Engineer, then scan the Bank Deposit Slip and emailit to
firstname.lastname@example.org ,or hand deliver.
b. Payment by Mobile Money to: *165#
3. Goods &Services
4. Enter Merchant Code(Code is UIPE)
5. Enter Payment reference, include your Name, Reg. No., Details of Payment)
6. Enter Amount
7. Enter your pin
c. Please pick your receipt from the Secretariat whenever you make a payment.
For more details, please contact:
Management Support Unit Building,
Public Works Training Centre,Plot 2 Gloucester Avenue, Kyambogo
P.O. BOX 1308,KAMPALA, UGANDA
Tel: +256414 287292
or email@example.com Website:www.uipe.co.ug
Click to download file