JOINING UIPE AS A TECHNICIAN MEMBER
The necessary requirements are as follows:
- Diploma in Engineering
- Must be employed.
- Complete an application form which can be downloaded from the website.
- Applicants needs two proposers and two seconders to sign his/her form.
- Both the Proposer and Seconder must be fully paid-up Corporate Members of the Institution who are neither Council nor MET Committee members.
- Submit the completed application form in hard copy at the UIPE Secretariat But also carry with youroriginal Higher Diploma Certificate at the time you submit your application.
Documents to Attach to Completed Application Form
- Photo-copies of all academic papers i.e. copy of Diploma Certificate, Transcript, A & O Level Certificates
- Photocopy of your appointment letter
- Photocopies of certificates received from any engineering training, workshops or conferences
- Photocopy of registration certificate if already registered in a foreign country
At the time of submission the applicant should present evidence ofpayment of shillings Eighty Thousand (85,000/=)being payment for Election and copy of Strategic plan.
After submission of documents to UIPE Secretariat,the application process proceeds as follows:-
- The MET Committee reviews the application and recommends the successful applicant to the Council
- The Council confirms the election.
3.The name of the newly elected member is circulated to the entiremembership for comments, for a period of 30 days. If UIPE receives noobjection, the applicant then receives his letter of election at the expiry of30 days.
After election, the applicant is expected to pay for the followingbefore he is recognized as a member of UIPE:
Amount in UG Shs
Annual Subscription fees
a. Please make cheques payable to: ‘UGANDAINSTITUTION OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS’
Direct cash deposit: Stanbic Bank IPS Branch Account No. 9030005841819 Account Name Uganda Institution of Professional Engineer, then scan the Bank Deposit Slip and email it to email@example.com , or hand deliver.
b. Payment byMobile Money to*165#
3. Goods &Services
4. Enter MerchantCode (Code is UIPE)
5. EnterPayment reference, include your Name, Reg. No., Details of Payment)
6. Enter Amount
7. Enter yourpin
c. Please pick your receipt from the Secretariatwhenever you make a payment.
For more details, please contact:
Management Support Unit Building,
Public Works Training Centre,Plot 2 GloucesterAvenue, Kyambogo
P.O. BOX 1308, KAMPALA, UGANDA
Tel: +256414 287292
or firstname.lastname@example.org Website:www.uipe.co.ug
Kindly download the Application Form and Guidelines below;
Click to download file